To our valued guests,
On the morning of Monday, July 20th it was brought to our attention that one of our Kelowna team members tested positive for COVID-19. The team member in question recognized the symptoms early and has taken the necessary isolation precautions. The last time they were in the restaurant was on the evening of Monday, July 13th. We have reached out to Interior Health and they have advised us that they are satisfied with our COVID-19 health protocols and the length of time the employee has not been in the restaurant. We made the decision to close our location at 1616 Powick Road in Kelowna for deep cleaning and will be re-opening at 4pm on Tuesday July 21st. To date, none of our other team members have reported any symptoms and we are encouraging them to be extra diligent in self-monitoring for symptoms.
We take the health and safety of our guests and staff seriously and although concerned by this news, we continue to have confidence in the stringent Covid-19 safety protocols that we have in place. These include:
- A detailed company COVID-19 safety plan that is revised weekly to address the most current government regulations, recommendations, and community health events.
- Dedicated store health & safety officers that are responsible for the plan’s implementation and adherence and for ongoing staff health & safety training.
- Masks are worn by all team members and enhanced personal hygiene protocols are in place.
- Any Staff experiencing any sort of sickness symptoms will not be able to work and only allowed back upon clearance from a health professional.
- Guests will be seated a minimum of 6 feet apart with a maximum of 6 people at each table.
- Sanitization stations set-up around the restaurant.
- Plexiglass shields and dividers at our front host stands and in between booths where possible.
- Job duties have been reviewed, responsibilities changed, and extra staff added in order to help reduce the potential for virus spread.
- All surfaces and equipment will be sanitized after each use and deep cleans are performed at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Washrooms are cleaned and sanitized every 30 minutes at a minimum.
- Floor plans with modified workflows to aid in social distancing.
- Covid-19 safety signage is posted around the restaurant to help train and keep safety at the forefront of everyone’s mind.
- Guests are asked for their names and phone numbers for contact tracing.
These are certainly challenging times and we appreciate your understanding and support during them. We also want to assure you that as a company we are doing everything we can to keep our guests, staff, and community safe.
Bin 4 Burger Lounge